No matter what your personal opinions or family traditions are regarding this holiday… you won’t want to miss what I am sharing over at Unveiled Wife today.
On October 25, 2011, I deleted my personal Facebook account (two year sober, ha)!
It seemed to be a spontaneous choice to others, but it was actually several months in the making. The four months prior, the Lord kept revealing to me that Facebook was an idol in my life. I continued to deny it (why I tried to convince my Creator that He was wrong is still beyond me…), but He continued to convict. Upon deactivating my account, I realized:
- Facebook, to me, had become a time waster and a distraction from my family.
- I found significance and purpose in the number of “friends” that I had.
- It became my emotional support during the bad days.
- It fueled my people pleasing nature to an unhealthy extreme (I would be giddy if my status received many “likes” and upset if it was commented upon negatively).
- I was unwise in who I accepted as “friends.”
That last bullet point is something that I am ashamed to admit!! I had invited ghosts from the past into my marriage where they could have caused major destruction! To hear more about this martial ghost story as well as a few others, please join me as I contribute this article:
Ghosts, are they real? Perhaps not in the stereotypical fashion we see on Halloween, but memories from the past can certainly haunt a marriage. I know this because I have seen these ghosts… in fact, on more than one occasion, I have been responsible for conjuring them up. With the fall season stirring up a spooky scene with spider webs, pumpkin faces and more, I want to discuss three common forms in which ghosts might be present in marriage as well as share my own personal ghost stories with you. [Read More…]